Your Convention Organizing Committee is working on delivering an exciting program that will include stimulating keynote speakers, and sessions on key policy, organizational and rebuilding issues.
Liberal Party members and supporters were asked to submit their suggestions for topics for the Ottawa 2012 – Liberal Biennial Convention program based on the tentative agenda below.
- Strengthening Our Democracy
- Advancing Equality, Diversity and Social Justice
- Sustaining our Healthcare System: Transformative Change
- Criminal Justice Policy, a flawed Conservative approach and what the evidence really shows.
- Tackling Climate Change and Protecting the Environment
- Jobs and Opportunities: The Fragile Economic Recovery
- Review of Proposed Constitutional Amendments (prior to the plenaries where delegates will vote on the amendments)
- Strategies: Hear from two Democratic Party Strategists on learnings from the 2004 Presidential campaign that led to success in 2008
- Messaging: Building a narrative together and taking control of the political debate.
- How to Win an Election 1: Successful fundraising strategies that engage donors for the long term
- How to Win an Election 2: Tools for the permanent campaign
- How to Win an Election 3: Maximizing communications and social media for success
Responses came in by the hundreds and the Committee thanks everybody who submitted their input and ideas.
Click here to view the Draft Program. Make sure to check back often for updates on sessions and speakers/panelists.
The overall goal of the policy panels is to establish a post-convention work plan, objectives and a team that will lead a national discussion on each topic, leading to specific proposals for the 2014 biennial convention, one year before the next federal election.